Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The workout. See, I had walked into that place expecting to be dwarfed by men much burlier than myself. To be crushed beneath their heels, to have my underwear driven up into my colon via wedgie and to be thrown into a locker. What did I find? A bunch of motherfuckers that looked just like me.

One kid even started following me to ask me how my workout routine worked. I was like "Man, it's a free PDF. Gimmie your email address and I'll send it to you." He seemed pleased. Then I actually tried to workout routine.

I now want nothing more than death.

My leg muscles are all sore and failing, my arms and chest are all sore and failing. But goddamned if it didn't feel good to go to the shower after the fact. To wash off all of the sweat (of which there was a lot) and to get myself back to being like a human... God, that was nice.

So next time, I add 5lb to the bar and do it again. Then the next time, I add 5lb to the bar and do it again until I stall out. Then I back off 10% on the weight and try again with the +5 every time until I get to 1.5x my body weight on a squat. Then I can stay there a while since you should never have to move more than that amount of weight alone anyway.

It's strength training. Not GET TO DA CHOPPA training.

1 comment:

AMG said...

Strength training, eh? So you're trying to put some meat on those ol' bones... HmMmm.

Good luck, with that. I can imagine if it's that painful, it's gonna be hard for you to keep it up. Here's me cheering you on!